Rain and Kemang

It absolutely poured last night, I thought rainy season was coming to end but I guess we will always get some thunderstorms here in the tropics. I went for a walk early this morning and there was a few branches down around the place busily being cleaned up by our Patra Jasa ( The name of the owners of our little enclave )  folk. These two were down and fishing I think in the drain.

Kemang is an area to the south of us that has lots of furniture shops, galleries bars and restaurants. Fenn our neighbour and fellow rebel spouse had shown me and a few others a few furniture shops that I thought I should share with Alison. Catherine had to see some galleries for Art so we asked Pak Julius to drive us down.   On the way we drove through evidence of the rain.

We wandered down a road to a few shops and galleries. Our driver was aghast that we would walk a few hundred metres rather than hop back in the car. There was one particularly interesting furniture shop run by a young Dutchman. Alison was particularly taken by this rough teak dresser ( and possibly also the young cool Dutchman.)

We then had nice coffee in a French style Patisserie. We then headed back into the traffic and home. There is much more to discover in Kemang.




Comments