Canberra and Salt Grill


I really enjoyed my week home visiting family and friends and going to the wedding. It was great to see everyone and my thanks to all for keeping me entertained doing all my favourite things.
The Fantastic Five



However this is a Blog about Jakarta and Indonesia so just a few points on the contrast of Canberra to Jakarta.  There were a few grey days there but also some brilliant Autumn days.This is my favourite time of the year there when the cold first starts and the days are clear and blue. I did a few walks and was struck how ten minutes from Canberra I could walk and not see a soul. In general I was struck in Canberra with the lack of people everywhere.

Near the Molongo Treatment Plant


Today was mothers day so we took Alison to Salt Grill by Luke Mangan which is on the 46th floor of a building in the middle of Jakarta. We enjoyed the fantastic three course brunch and the stunning view, though it was a fairly smoggy day. It cost us only about $50 an head, would have been a lot more if we drank as the cheapest wine on the menu was 1,000,000 Rp.


Indonesians all take photos of their food so I do too.

My Creme Brulee

Ken smiling in a photo!

Not a great shot but it shows how high we were



Comments

  1. Great blog post, it was great catching up when you were here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment